30 November 2008

Pumpkin Muffins


While on the search for a dairy free Thanksgiving menu, I found a recipe for pumpkin muffins (which I used in my dressing - recipe to come) that required no substitutions. I love pumpkin almost as much as I love banana, so I not only bought enough canned pumpkin to make these muffins once along with a pumpkin pie, I bought several more cans as well to have on hand. These will most likely become something we have often especially since I can have them for breakfast, which is the one meal that seems to be the hardest without milk.

INGREDIENTS

1 can pumpkin (not pie filling)
2/3 C vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 C Flour
2 C Sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS

Mix pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine will remaining ingredients and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool and enjoy!

No comments: