1 C candy corn
10 oz mini-marshmallows
1/4 C butter
Pour marshmallows over popcorn and candy corn, mixing well.
Store in air tight container for up to 3 days.
This is our from our backyard - the sunsets over the lake are truly amazing!
Here, one of Texas's very own, Bluebonnets.
And for the finally - I made my poor husband play animal cop and save on the LARGEST FROG I'VE EVER SEEN! He was sitting in the middle of our road and I almost hit him driving home - but luckily I didn't and instead told my husband to go get the shovel and save his life. I'm still amazed at how big he was.
In response to my new place on the Foodie Blogroll and my new search obsession, it appears there has been a challenge for all members to list 7 random facts about themselves - so here goes!
1. I won't eat anything that is looking at me and I was ooged out the first time I had to peel LEGS off a shrimp - and I LOVE shrimp. What this means is I won't go into a seafood restaurant and pick out my lobster - if Snapper (he now has a name) is alive when I walk in, then I need to believe he is alive when I walk out. This does NOT mean I am a vegan or refuse to eat meat, I just can't be made to feel guilty while doing in. This also means if my husband catches dinner in our lake, he MUST turn it into meat before asking me to cook it. Yes, I am a little bit crazy, and he loves me anyway.
2. On the same topic, I don't eat meat that is still on the bone - and this has nothing to do with the "animal-likeness" it has. This comes from me being picky and the fact that meat on the bone has too much stuff that appears as something OTHER than meat to me - ie grisle, etc. So, in fact I WILL eat it, but I end up eating about half of it because the remaining portion is questionable in my eyes. This also holds true for buffalo wings, but I don't like buffalo sauce, celery, or the blue cheese dressing - so this snack is completely lost on me.
3. I can make an entire meal out of potatoes - and often did as a kid. A trip to a buffet-style restaurant ended up with a plate of roasted new potatoes, mashed potatoes, french fries, and a baked potato. Oh - and a roll, so I guess my love is carbs more than potatoes, but still.
4. I have a cat, well, actually 2 cats, but I have one cat that barks. At night. About 15 minutes after I go to bed. I will be just about to sleep and I'll hear her, dragging her toy down the hallway and barking. This cat can NOT meow and earned her name Squeakers. But, she can bark. Loudly. It is quite possibly the funniest cat noise I have ever heard.
5. I have a job where I cannot wear perfume, make-up, scented lotions, hair products, or contacts. I love it. I also find it quite humorous when I meet another lady who hears this and claims that she could NEVER have a job like that. Strange I think since it shortens my morning, allows me to go to the gym at lunch and shower without the extended time to finish myself, as well as saves LOADS of money since I don't go through this stuff so fast. On the other hand, it makes me lazy on the weekends and I have to admit I wear make-up less than every weekend. Luckily, my husband loves me and knew this to begin with.
6. I can touch my tongue to my nose. No further explanation needed.
7. I have no idea if I am allergic to poison ivy - which my dad tells me means I'm not, but still. My mother is HIGHLY allergic and my dad is not, so it seems like I have a 50/50 chance - but who is going to PURPOSELY play in poison ivy just to find out? Not I.
So, there you go. Now you know a little more about me and my quirkiness. And - you also know why you will not see a lobster recipe or a chicken leg recipe any time soon.
4 white fish fillets such as Mahimahi or tilapia
12 Lemon slices (about 1 1/2 lemons)