17 January 2007

Amazing Herbed Pretzels


I'm a huge snacker and sadly have to admit that snack foods are my weakness - potato chips, tortilla chips, salsa, queso, guacamole, crackers, cheese, chicken dip, hummus - you name it and at one point, I'm sure it's been in my hand. At times I attempt to fight this snacking urge, and reach for carrots and bell peppers rather than the salty goodness, but it's not often I am able to say no to such wonderful items. Luckily, I found this pretzel recipe, which may not be as great as veggies, but it HAS to be better than eating fried, greasy, salty potato chips dipped in fattening, creamy sides. Just one warning, we think some how this mixture of spices causes a reaction that leads to an addiction and quickly you'll realize that you ALWAYS want some of these bitesize munchies available.


INGREDIENTS


3 Lbs Small Pretzels (waffles tend to work the best)
1 Tbls Garlic Powder (not salt)
1 Tbls Dried Dill
1 Pkg dry Ranch Seasoning (I think its 3 Tbls)
1 C Oil
DIRECTIONS

Mix all but pretzels in a bowl.

Place pretzels in a large, oven safe dish. Pour seasoning over pretzels and stir to coat.

Bake at 250 for 15 minutes, stir, and bake another 15 minutes.

Eat.

So simple. So totally simple. And so good. I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I first tried these at mh brother's wedding. They were served with cocktails on a boat ride after the vows. Asked for the recipe several times but came across yours and it's the same, so yummy!! Thank you very much!