17 February 2007

Cinnamon Banana Muffins


I love bananas. Love them. However, I buy them and for some reason I am bad about eating them, which is crazy since I love bananas. So, I end up with a lot of very ripe bananas which means making lots of banana items. This leads to my latest - banana muffins with cinnamon chips - yummmmm.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 C flour, sifted
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C White Sugar
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3-4 ripe banana's, mashed
1 tsp Vanilla
1 egg
1/3 C butter, melted
1 C Cinnamon Chips (or chocolate)

DIRECTIONS

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.

Add banana's, vanilla, egg, and butter - mix just enough to blend. Add cinnamon chips and again mix just until blended. (Very little mixing helps lead to fluffy muffins so take care not to over beat).

Drop by spoonfuls into either greased or lined muffin tins. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 (15-20 for mini muffins).

No comments: