26 March 2008

I think it is time

It has now been a few weeks since I have buttoned my pants - don't' get me wrong, for a while I still could but when I sat down, the pressure on my belly made me feel even worse (which was NO GOOD!). However, I put on my normal pants this morning and they won't even zip all the way now. Le sigh. I think it's time to buy some REAL maternity pants and I have a feeling once I realize how comfortable I CAN be, I'll want to kick myself for not doing it sooner. I guess my biggest fear is that new clothes can get SO expensive, especially when you need basically EVERYTHING new - but there is no way to get around it so I guess I need to suck it up and just go. My wonderful husband already picked out a pair of camo capri's that I wear pretty much non-stop, but they are not really appropriate for work (well that, and I would freeze in anything other than long pants and a sweatshirt since my current office is so cold).
So here goes - whether its tonight or in the next couple days, I will start visiting Kohl's, Target, Old Navy, Motherhood Maternity - as well as begin searching on eBay to see what I can find. Oh to feel comfortable again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A trick to make your pants last a little longer. Take a rubber band and hook it around the button, loop through the buttonhole and back to hook on the button. instant elastic waist. HAHA. I had slacks that worked like that for a while not for long but at least gives you comfort for now until you get the shopping done. works with jeans too.
Love,
Jeanette

Megan said...

At least you have a good reason why your pants dont fit! My reason is because I love sweets. (oh,sigh!)

Ladybug said...

Try to hit the Divine Consign sale in Grapevine next week - www.divineconsign.net - they always have maternity stuff and it's fairly inexpensive and in really good shape, since it doesn't get worn for long!