09 March 2009

I made it!

My husband's cousin was having a baby shower for her second daughter and trying to figure out what to get her was pretty difficult. I wanted to get her something special as well as something useful, and since she had stuff that she used for her two year old daughter, what can you do? After a little research and a recharge of my creative genes, I decided to do a diaper cake and a homemade baby book (using a template I received from another friend). A little frustration, some fishing line, new black ink, and a quick shopping trip - this is what we ended up with (no images of the baby book, sorry!). All in all, I was pretty impressed with how it turned out and hope to have a chance to make more in the future, I hadn't realized how much I missed the creative activities!

It all started with this card. The little girl's room is going to be a safari type theme, so what better than an animal? And for a little girl, how cute is the pink and green giraffe?

Looking for more items in the same color scheme, I found a green bottle that just happen to be the same brand they had registered for. And then there is the rattle - this is actually one of Ruby's favorite toys right now since she can grasp it quite easily, although she is in the stage of hitting herself in the head with everything, but she doesn't seem to mind.


The hardest part was finding something to put on top. I ALMOST did a big bow but figured, how is that useful? Instead, I got lucky enough to find this little bath towel that not only had a giraffe, but also matched the color scheme - score!

Anyhow, I think this was quite the success and I am proud of it.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Super cute! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

How cute! You will have to share the recipe with me! The new little one should get lots of use from this gift!

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama said...

WOW! it turned out great!