17 March 2009

The "A-Ha" Moment

I had a break-through moment today, filled with a feeling I NEVER thought I would have. My husband and I ran to the supermarket this afternoon to pick up a few things he needed. As we were standing in the check-out line, I asked him if he had any cash. He said yes (which alone is amazing since we NEVER carry cash either) and asked why. I stated I wanted to purchase a lottery ticket (one of my 101 goals, just because), so he gave me the money and we went to purchase the tickets. On the drive home, we talked about what would and would not change in our lives if we won. I think after taxes we would end up with about 4 million, which is a big amount of course, but we don't expect it to let us live lavishly the rest of our lives without working. While we were discussing this, the thought came to me that even though I could now sufficiently be a stay at home mom, I'm actually excited about the thought of teaching math and I would still want to go forward with it. What!?!?! I must be crazy, right? I've always been the person who said if I ever won, I would quit my job and be done. And if I were still at TI, that is exactly how I would be thinking. But now, while I am looking into the testing for certification and realizing I have quite a bit of catching up and studying to do, I'm excited about it. I WANT to do it. Sure, I haven't started yet so I don't know for sure this is THE path, but just being able to say this is something I WANT to do even if I don't HAVE to is HUGE. Like, really, amazingly, freakishly huge for me.

And so, while I still hope my numbers hit, I know even if they don't, I still won something with that $2.00 we spent on those tickets. Just another indicator that things DO happen for a reason.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Aw, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you, and I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

(And I have my fingers crossed that your numbers do hit!)