13 March 2009

Grandma's Banana Bread


Yet again, we have another banana recipe, because, if you remember, I do love bananas! Anyhow, I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who is the bestest mother-in-law in the world. She makes banana and pumpkin bread just for me (she leaves the nuts out since I'm not a fan of nuts in my breads), and they are FABULOUS! We are both excited to think about Ruby getting older and enjoying all the baked goods we both make, as well as all 3 of us being able to bake together - we can't wait for the cookie cutter time!

This is the best, most moist, quick, and easy banana bread recipe and I see many loaves of this in my future.

INGREDIENTS

3 banana's, mashed
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C Sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 C Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 C nuts - if you want them, I don't

DIRECTIONS

Cream together bananas, butter, sugar, and eggs. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda - mix well. Add nuts if you want. Pour into a greased bread pan and bake about an hour at 300 degrees. (Mine took about 70 minutes)

Enjoy!

No comments: