26 June 2011

Baked Beans for a Crowd


This recipe comes from my amazing mother-in-law, who I believe got it from someone else as well. Honestly, I don't care about the origin, I just care about them being ready to eat! I love these and as far as I can tell, everyone else who has tried them loves them as well. We usually do half this recipe since there are only a few of us, but if you need a dish for a potluck, picnic, or holiday, you could do the full recipe.

INGREDIENTS

5 cans pork and beans
5 cans Ranch style beans
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 C mustard
1 C brown sugar
2 C ketchup
4 chopped onions

DIRECTIONS

Brown ground beef and onions; drain. Combine all ingredients and bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes - or cook in a crock pot. Enjoy!

These beans freeze well, so make a batch and save some for later!