04 July 2009

What's going on

So much going on and so little time to actually write about it! Ruby is now 9 months old and as you can see, she is able to stand on her own without assistance. She has even started to take a few steps, too - so it is only a matter of time until the kitties are REALLY in trouble.

She had her 9 month check up and she is almost at 20 pounds now. We are still in shock that she is ALREADY 9 months, it is so hard to believe. They checked her iron levels (which are fine), gave her a TB test (so far so good), and gave her the hep B vaccine. She only cried for the vaccine, my little trooper! And (drum roll please) ... the pedi gave me to okay to try and re-introduce dairy and soy into my diet! We are going to start slow with hidden dairy first, then move onto cheese and yogurt, and if all goes well, then ice cream and milk. Once that is done, we'll do the same for soy. I haven't had much yet, but the one sandwich I did have has not caused any issues. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Cheese fries, sour cream, milk shakes here I come!

Meanwhile, I have been working for almost 3 months now and am loving it! I have my own class of 4 year olds now and while there are still stressful times, I am so much happier than I was at my previous job. Plus, I get to nurse Ruby as needed and I love being so close to her. And while I don't miss my old job, I do miss a lot of the people (and the bigger pay checks, but this is so worth it!). Speaking of, I need to send them a note saying hi - if any of you are reading this, I hope all is well and I do miss you guys!

Nothing else super exciting is going on here - just living life. Our days are filled with work, sleep, eating, and taking care of Ruby. We've got a decent routine and are really just enjoying being a family. It still shocks me at how much spare time we had before Ruby as compared to now, especially since I'm not sure WHERE the time goes now - but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Ruby is the best thing to ever happen to me!

As for Ruby, she was able to enjoy her first firework show last night. We went to a minor league baseball game (Airhogs) and were able to see the Lone Star fireworks from the stadium (Lone Star is where we usually go on July 3rd, but we wanted to avoid the chaos with Ruby this year). She had a good time at the game, but was awake far too late and became a monster. Sooooo, tonight she went to bed at 8pm and since daddy is working, I'm relaxing on the couch and missing fireworks on my favorite holiday. Well, I guess I shouldn't say missing, I should say not watching since I made the choice and I don't mind it. Ruby comes first, and as much as I love the 4th of July, well, the partying is just going to have to wait another year. And that is okay.



Now, with all that said, I hope everyone has a wonderful July 4th as I am now off to bed.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Look at her! I can't believe what a big girl she is now. That's fantastic news about the dairy and soy...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Unknown said...

Becky dealing with a small herd of animals ???
Am I reading something wrong ???