15 November 2006

Preparing for the holidays...


As we get closer and closer to the holidays, my creative juices tend to flow more freely. I begin pondering what delish foods I want to test in order to create a meal for Christmas - since once again my husband and I will be hosting it at our place (with a little help of course!). This year, I know I'll be adding a bread pudding recipe I discovered - but still need to tweak - and will most likely have a variety of cookies as well. As I was sitting, debating between various potato options, I had a non-edible idea emerge: "I want a Christmas Apron and I want to make it myself"! So ... after viewing the Jessie Steele options online, I headed up to the local craft store and perused the selection of patterns until I found one I liked. I then wandered over to the material to pick out the rest of the pieces for my artwork. After several hours of cutting and pinning and sewing and pinning and ironing and sewing, it was complete, and it was ... CUTE!!! Who knew how simple it would be to create such a fabulous entertaining apron? After admiring my work for a short time, I quickly realized I wanted more of these, but in different colors and themes and designs, oh my! I also realized how much I enjoy sewing, especially when the work is simple and the outcome is perfect. I'm sure a few of these will even make it onto my Christmas list for some friends and family and I really hope they enjoy them as much as I do!

With that said, it appears this wonderful list of recipes and wine comments will begin to include my latest and greatest sewing projects as well. If along the process you see something you would be interested in, please let me know as for a small fee, I'm sure I could create you something just as adorable! And if we don't visit with one another in the next week, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and hope your weekend is filled with family, friends, and ... FOOD!

No comments: